Principal’s Weekly Memo (28th August 2017)
28 August 2017
Principal’s Weekly Memo
28th August 2017 (Monday) – 8 September (Friday)
National Day (Public Holiday)
Hari Raya Haji (Public Holiday)
- Awal Muharram (Islamic New Year)
Please be informed that Awal Muharram, which is a public holiday, has been changed from 22st September (Thursday) to 22nd September (Friday) due to a technical error during moon sighting. More information can be found by following the link *here*.
- School Fees
Kindly take note that 4th September will be the last day for payment of Term 1’s school fees. There will be a 5% late payment interest for any payment made after 4th of September.
- Reminders regarding School Site
- Parents are restricted from going to the classrooms to look for teachers/students between 8am-3.30pm
- Any meetings with teachers should be arranged beforehand. Parents may wait at the reception area, and the teacher will come down to meet you.
- In case of any emergency, the Receptionist or School Secretary will assist to get the students down to the reception area to meet parents.
- Absences, Late Arrival & Early Departure
We wish to remind all parents about the following, which can be found in the Parent Handbook regarding student absences, and late arrival/early departure:-
- Absence due to Family Circumstances
The school understands that from time to time, family circumstances dictate that it is necessary for a child to miss school. In this event, please contact the school as above and if possible, give as much notice as you can. However, it must be understood that going on holiday during school time is not an acceptable practice as teaching continues at school until the very last day of term. Missed days inevitably result in difficulties in maintaining the consistency of educational provision.
- Late Arrival / Early Departure
If you know in advance that your child is going to be late or needs to leave school early for any reason on a particular day, a note should be sent to school the previous day for our information/action.