06 July 2017
What we learnt about this week
This week in English, we have continued working on our own comic books.
In Maths, we implemented our previous work and knowledge about time to plan a holiday.
In Science this week, we revised what we have learned on the Earth and Beyond.
In PSHE, we have been considering the different services available within a range of communities.
What we plan for next week
In English lessons, we will be working hard to try and complete our own comic books.
In Maths, we will be introduced to the topics that will be covered in Year 6.
In Science, we will be introduced to the topics that will be covered in Year 6.
In PSHE, we will be considering the services available on the island of Penang and debating whether more are needed.
In English – use the weekend to complete part of the comic.
In Science - complete pages 64 and 65 in the Science workbook.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits- healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!)
- Help your child to develop a love of reading - give praise, use reading as a reward; write in their Home Reader book (Yellow book!).
Dates for your Diary
7th July: Heritage day – NO SCHOOL
10th July: Graduation and parents evening
12th July: Last day with students
Thank you very much for your ongoing support!
The Year 5 Team