08 June 2017
What we learnt about this week
This week in English, we have been completing assessment work, which has included ICT based research about a chosen animal, in order to help write a factual report.
In Maths, we learnt about symmetry, ratio and proportion.
In Science this week, we discussed the answers for the exams and we also investigated the relation between water and salt.
In PSHE, we have been completing advertisements, showing the students’ honest feelings about their own personalities.
What we plan for next week
In English lessons, we will begin to look at how comic strips are created. We will visit the ‘Asia Comic Culture Museum’ to learn a little of the history of comic strips and how professionals create their comic strips.
In Maths, we will learn about 3D shapes and nets.
In Science, we will focus on the moon and solar system.
In PSHE, we will begin to look at what a community really is and where our own places really are, within different communities.
In English – complete the personal assessment sheet that has been posted on Edmodo. Do not forget the IDEALs week section then post it back to Mr Gwyn.
In Maths – complete the worksheet for order of operation.
In Science, the students need to complete the worksheet.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits- healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!)
- Help your child to develop a love of reading - give praise, use reading as a reward; write in their Home Reader book (Yellow book!).
Dates for your Diary
9th – 12th June: Nuzul Al Quran - NO SCHOOL
26th and 27th June: Hari Raya – NO SCHOOL
28th June: Straits 7 week begins
29th and 30th June: School production
6th July: Whole school sports day
7th July: Heritage day – NO SCHOOL
10th July: Graduation and parents evening
12th July: Last day with students
Thank you very much for your ongoing support!
The Year 5 Team