02 June 2017
What we learnt about this week
This week in English, we have been completing some of our assessment tasks and also using the time to finish our PBL projects. We have been using persuasive language, instructional writing and we have been creating introduction speeches.
In Maths, we had exams this week.
In Science this week, we completed our end of year exam.
In PSHE, we have been continuing our work on our PBL projects
What we plan for next week
In English lessons, we will be preparing for, and then completing, our final writing assessment task.
In Maths, we will learn symmetry, ratio and proportion.
In Science, we will have a closer look on the relation between water and salts, their boiling and freezing points.
In PSHE, we will be creating advertisements, to show our own personal characteristics, in an ‘honest’ way.
In English – Complete all work for the PBL project and practice the speeches.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits- healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!)
- Help your child to develop a love of reading - give praise, use reading as a reward; write in their Home Reader book (Yellow book!).
Dates for your Diary
9th – 12th June: Nuzul Al Quran - NO SCHOOL
26th and 27th June: Hari Raya – NO SCHOOL
28th June: Straits 7 week begins
29th and 30th June: School production
6th July: Whole school sports day
7th July: Heritage day – NO SCHOOL
10th July: Graduation and parents evening
12th July: Last day with students
Thank you very much for your ongoing support!
The Year 5 Team