06 July 2017
What we learnt about this week
This week in English, students continued reading Edward Tulane, performing a writing analysis to enable them to write emotional, personified and compelling pieces of writing.
In Maths, we have been learning to solve problems in various topics by marking and discussing practise assessment papers.
In Science this week, we learned about the electrical circuit. We made a DIY switch using a piece of cardboard, some paper fasteners and a paper clip.
In Humanities, Year 4 learnt all about law and punishment during the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Great Britain.
What we plan for next week
In English, students will continue to read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and complete complex comprehension tasks.
Next week in Maths, we will be doing some practise test questions and mental Maths problems.
Next week, in Science, we will finish discussing the final assessment test in the booklet and the graduation day will be on Wednesday. Happy Holidays!
In Humanities, students will learn about the Magna Carta and how it changed Britain.
For English, find and copy our class reader from Edmodo, along with the reading booklet.
In Maths, students are to complete the practise assessment booklet.
Our Science homework is to complete pages 62 and 64.
In Humanities, research Magna Carta.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits- healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!)
- Help your child to develop a love of reading - give praise, use reading as a reward; write in their Home Reader book (Yellow book!).
Dates for your Diary
6th July: Whole school sports day
7th July: Heritage day – NO SCHOOL
10th July: Graduation and parents evening
12th July: Last day with students
Thank you very much for your ongoing support!
The Year 4 Team