06 July 2017
What we learnt about this week
In English we have been using our creative writing skills to produce our own adventure stories based on James and the Giant Peach.
In Maths, we learnt about pictograms.
In Science, we have learned about the uses of magnets and springs
In Humanities, students learned about lines of latitude, areas of the globe that experience similar climates; Australia, Australasia/Oceania.
What we plan for next week
In English, we will be developing our reading comprehension and inference skills using a range of texts, images and short animations.
In Maths, we will be introduced to the topics that will be covered in Year 4.
In Science, we will look through the topics that will be covered in Year 4.
In Humanities, students will use the brochures they created to set up a travel agent to sell their holiday destinations of Australasia.
No homework has been set this week.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage lots of reading at home and discuss the books read.
- Practise spellings and ensure students understanding the meaning of these.
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!
Dates for your Diary
10th July: Parents evening
12th July: Graduation & Last day of term