08 June 2017
What we learnt about this week
In English we have completed our assessed writing having researched and written non chronological reports about animals.
In Maths, we recapped and revisited symmetry.
In Science, we conducted a few experiments on testing different surfaced ramps.
In Humanities, students revisited the social hierarchy of the Shang dynasty to examine the pros and cons of a slave society and began to write a balanced argument for that time.
What we plan for next week
In English we will understand the purpose of explanation texts. We will analyse examples, identify key features and compare with instructions to identify differences.
In Maths, we will learn more about division.
In Science, we will discuss the test paper and also finish off with two more experiments on a paper spinner and also parachute making.
In Humanities, students will visit Australia to examine the Geography and find reasons for the countries booming tourist trade.
In English you will need to complete your personal development reflections ready for your reports. Please update the version on Edmodo.
In Maths, you will need to complete the reflection worksheet.
In Science Workbook
For Humanities homework, you will need to write a balanced argument to show the two sides of a slave society.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage lots of reading at home and discuss the books read.
- Practice spellings and ensure students understanding the meaning of these.
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!
Dates for your Diary
9th – 12th June: Nuzul Al Quran - NO SCHOOL
23rd June – Craft Batik trip
26th and 27th June: Hari Raya – NO SCHOOL
28th June: Straits 7 week begins
29th and 30th June: School production
6th July: Whole school sports day
7th July: Heritage day – NO SCHOOL
10th July: Graduation and parents evening
12th July: Last day of term