02 June 2017
What we learnt about this week
In English we have started our PBL topic, we have completed our persuasive letters hoping to protect the environment and save habitats. We have also completed our reading and grammar assessments.
In Maths, we had exams this week.
In Science, we had exams this week.
In Humanities, students explored various artefacts from the Shang dynasty, learning how to define their purpose, how they were made and by whom they were used.
What we plan for next week
In English we will completing our writing assessment. This will be a non-fiction based piece of writing, with students writing reports about animals.
In Maths, we will learn symmetry and division.
In Science we will learn about water resistance and also complete few more experiments.
In Humanities, year 3 will learn about the high priestess and general, Fu Hao, from the Shang Dynasty.
In preparation for your writing assessment in English you will need to complete some research about an animal. This could be a gorilla, a panda, a tortoise, a blue whale or a tiger.
In Science Workbook - revise the notes from Unit 1 till Unit 6
Humanities, compete the worksheet posted on Edmodo about Fu Hao
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage lots of reading at home and discuss the books read.
- Practice spellings and ensure students understanding the meaning of these.
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library and PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!
Dates for your Diary
9th – 12th June: Nuzul Al Quran - NO SCHOOL
23rd June – Craft Batik trip
26th and 27th June: Hari Raya – NO SCHOOL
28th June: Straits 7 week begins
29th and 30th June: School production
6th July: Whole school sports day
7th July: Heritage day – NO SCHOOL
10th July: Graduation and parents evening
12th July: Last day of term