06 July 2017
What we learnt about this week
It has been an extremely hectic fortnight since the previous blog for all at SIS. Not only did we have a 4-day Hari Raya weekend, the children performed onstage last Friday night. Thank you very much for your support and it was wonderful to see you in the audience.
Earlier today we had fun during Sports Day, taking part in many activities. The children can’t wait to hear who the winner is! Yesterday we celebrated Hari Raya with a special assembly. Some of our students were lucky enough to participate in a fashion runway show. They were marvellous and not shy at all!
In the classroom, the Year Ones have been wrapping up their final units and have begun closing the gap with extra tasks and revision.
We hope you enjoy reading your child’s report and take on the suggestions the teachers have asked.
As this is the final blog for the year, the Year One team wish you all a safe break and all the best to the children who are leaving us. We also say farewell to Ms Karen along with Sahishnu and Hwi Ram. Everybody at SIS wishes them all wonderful adventures at their respective schools! We hope you keep in touch!
What we plan for next week
The school workbooks shall be returned home over a number of days, as well as children’s work and displays. It will be another busy week with the Year Ones joining the Year Two class teachers as part of the Transition Day next Tuesday. This is a great chance for the students to get a feel for next year.
No homework – enjoy your summer!
How you can help your child at home
- Ask your child to read the time at various times throughout the day.
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about library, PE and activities (wear PE uniform on PE days)
- Help your child to develop a love of reading- give praise, use reading as a reward, write in their yellow R&R book
Review past blogs for helpful online resources to use over the summer.
Dates for your Diary
10th July: Parent’s evening (no activities)
12th July: Transition Morning and 1L and 1K class parties
12th July: Graduation Assembly- last day with students (dismissal at 12)
Many thanks for your ongoing support! Have a great holiday!