06 July 2017
What we learnt about this week
It has been a busy week this week and last week. Thank you parents for coming on Thursday for the production and I hope you enjoyed their performance. We certainly did and we are proud of them.
This week in Literacy, we have been revising and introducing sentence writing to the students. They were encouraged to spell using their phonics sounds. Some of the students caught up with their work that they had missed out during their absence in school.
We had sports day today and the students enjoyed themselves.
As this is the last blog for this year, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for all the support throughout the year. We will miss all of them dearly as they move on to Year 1 and we wish them all the best! : )
Have a happy holiday!
What we plan for next week
It will be Transition day on Tuesday as they will go to their Year1 class next year. It will be a good opportunity for them to prepare themself for the next academic year. Graduation will take place on Wednesday with dismissal at 12.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!)
- Sleep early to ensure sufficient rest for the next day
- Discuss about how we can work together to keep our environment clean.
Dates for your Diary
Please refer to the dates below for the swimming lessons schedule below.
Reception S- Ms. Serene
Monday 10th July- 1:00pm-2:00pm
10th July: Parent’s evening (no activities)
11th July: Transition Morning and EYFS class party.
12th July: Graduation Assembly- last day with students (dismissal at 12)