23 June 2017
What we learnt about this week
In Literacy, students revised all Jolly phonics Phase 7 ‘qu’, ‘ou’, ‘oi’, ‘ue’, ‘er’, and ‘ar’. The children enjoyed reading and writing the ‘ My book about qu’ worksheets. They were also introduced to writing complex sentences. They rearraged words to make a proper sentence.
In Numeracy, students continued to learn about 2D and 3D shapes. They were reading 2D and 3D shape poems. They were also introduced to counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s.
In Science, students continued to learn about 3Rs ‘Reduce’, ‘Reuse’, and ‘Recycle’ focusing on ‘Reuse’.
In Art, students worked on their reflection on our trip to ‘The Habitat’.
Spelling and writing
What we plan for next week
In Literacy, students will continue to learn about writing. The students will write longer and more complex sentences using all their phonics knowledge.
In Numeracy, students will continue to learn about counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s.
In Science, the students will learn about pollution. They will be introduced to different kinds of pollution.
In Art, the students will continue to make crafts using recyled materials.
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about PE (wear PE uniform on PE days!)
- Sleep early to ensure sufficient rest for the next day
- Discuss about how we can work together to keep our environment clean.
Dates for your Diary
Please refer to the dates below for the swimming lessons schedule below.
Reception A- Ms. Arlene
Thursday 22nd June- 10:15-11:00am
Wednesday 5th July- 8:45-9:30am
Reception S- Ms. Serene
Wednesday 28th June-8:45-9:30am
Monday 10th July- 1:00pm-2:00pm
29th June: EYFS production night.