16 June 2017
What we learnt about this week
In Literacy, students continued with Jolly Phonics Phase 7 focusing on ‘er’ and ‘ar’. They read and wrote words such as ‘germ’, ‘mermaid’, ‘star’ and ‘bark’.
In Numeracy, students learned about 2D and 3D shapes. They learned about the polygon and the number or sides and corners of the shapes.
In Science, they learned about the 3Rs, focusing on Recycling. They were taught the types of things that could be recycled.
In Art, students worked on their father’s day craft.
What we plan for next week
In Literacy, students will revise all the sounds they learnt in Jolly Phonics Phase 7. They will be introduced to writing complex sentences. They will also learn to rearrange words to make a proper sentence.
In Numeracy, students will continue to learn about 3D shapes. They will also be introduced to counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s.
In Science, they will learn about the 3Rs, focusing on Reuse. They will be encouraged to reuse materials collected to make an art work.
In Art, students will make crafts using recycled items.
Spelling and writing
How you can help your child at home
- Encourage healthy eating habits - healthy snacks and lunches, and a water bottle
- Provide a calm environment for your child to study
- Praise efforts and encourage your child to be independent
- Refer to your child’s timetable for reminders about PE (wear PE uniform on PE days)
- Sleep early to ensure sufficient rest for the next day
- Discuss about how we can work together to keep our environment clean
Dates for your Diary
Please refer to the dates below for the swimming lesson which will commence on the 22nd June 2017. Please prepare the outfit required.
Reception A – Ms. Arlene
Thursday 22nd June – 10:15 – 11:00am
Wednesday 5th July – 8:45 – 9:30am
Reception S – Ms. Serene
Wednesday 28th June – 8:45 – 9:30am
Monday 10th July – 1:00pm – 2:00pm
20th June : EYFS trip to The Habitat
29th June : EYFS production night